Bibs

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
HPPaddle

Bibs

Post by HPPaddle » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:29 pm

I am waiting for a Div 3 K1W bib and have been waiting for 5 weeks. The first race is just over a week, is anyone else in the same boat?

JimW

Re: Bibs

Post by JimW » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:14 pm

Both my bibs (div 2 K1M and div 3 C1M) came within a week, I think you should try to contact the bib officer because there must have been a problem.

A typical problem is incorrect postage on either the application or the return envelope. Things do also rarely get lost in the post.

Also contact the organiser of the slalom and tell them there has been a problem getting your bib, they may be able to allocate you a temporary bib on the day (you will need to show your BC/SC/WCA/CANI card to race with a temporary bib).

Good luck!

harratts

Post by harratts » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:07 am

As a family we have to apply for 13 different race bibs across most classes in the different divisions. Some of them were collected in person from the bib officer involved at the Stone Mini Slalom events but others had to be requested by post.

A couple were slow in coming back to us but a polite e-mail sent to the bib officer resulted in two very nice replies and bibs that they arrived in the following few days. May I suggest that you do the same? Contact details can be found on this website which would then at least confirm if the bib officer involved had received your application.

I am sure that you will find that they are all good people just like the rest of us but may have other pressures at the time your request was received. If you are coming to the Stone race and don't have your bib in time then just let someone in control know and it will not be a problem.

Steve

HPPaddler

Post by HPPaddler » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:50 pm

All my other bibs came back in a couple of weeks so I get the postage and envelope requirements as have been doing it for years. I can't find an email address for the bib officer though. Only postal addresses available on the form. Guess I'll write a letter and see if there was a problem.

harratts

Post by harratts » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:05 am

If it is a Div. 3 K1 Ladies bib you are missing then the person you need to contact is Tanya Gibbons.

In last years Slalom Yearbook it gives her e-mail address as tangem@live.co.uk

Hope this helps.
Steve

HPPaddler

Post by HPPaddler » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:42 pm

Thank you.