Demos - Paddle up + Portable points impacting numbers?

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
djberriman

Re: Demos - Paddle up + Portable points impacting numbers?

Post by djberriman » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:30 am

Perhaps allow PU's to do demos?

JimW

Post by JimW » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:01 pm

djberriman wrote:Perhaps allow PU's to do demos?
That crossed my mind, but:

Demos are supposed to do sections as well as a complete run (do they? I've only been to 1 prem event, as safety cover, and I wasn't paying attention to the demos!), so paddle ups doing demos would gain advantage over PUs not doing demos, and in any case would no longer be racing on equal footing as prem so gaining PU would potentially be easier than it should be.....
If I have understood correctly, the demos are part of course approval and the course can be altered after demos if they show it to be unsuitable, in which case the Demos would be racing a different course.

lesf

Post by lesf » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:22 pm

I believe we will have 6 or 7 demo runners at Tees on Saturday (struggling for C2's though - any takers?) pulled together by emailing out to those that are their to judge. Considering the number of Paddle Ups and non -ranking paddlers (for the Pan Celtic) that can't be used as Demo's this seems a reasonable number that will cover C1 and K1 classes.

I can't guarantee the quality of all of them as I'm one of them! But I'm sure the other demo runners will be great !