Watery Wasburn - Fun in the Sun

Discuss past and future events
Neil Footitt

Post by Neil Footitt » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:52 am

There always used to be an advert about having "fun in the sun"

Well the sun at Wasburn this weekend was exceedingly limited yet the fun aspect was in abundance !!

I would like to add that despite the unforgiving monsoons that paid a visit all weekend that we, as a family, had a throughly enjoyable time and Saturdaty night out was good a table for 26 in the restaurant at very late notice - Black Bull at Darley ??? I think.

Thanks to every one for contributing to our fun

AndrewG

Post by AndrewG » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:55 am

Neil,

I am glad that you enjoyed your meal in the Black Bull in Darley. You also seemed to be enjoying the meal that you had in the Royal Oak in Dacre Banks earlier (or later?) that evening.

First time for us at Washburn, good event well run - now on the "definite" list to return to next year.

Neil H

Post by Neil H » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:40 pm

Do you mean me sir?

Royal Bull wasn't it? It's named in honour of the Greek contingent of our esteemed royal family (or the Germans.) I'm still reeling from the audacity they employed by changing their name from Saxe-Coburg to disassociate themselves form the nasty hun during The Great War.
I like to keep it topical.

I enjoyed both meals and did you notice that whilst there was a table for 20 odd all of them were me. I have to say my box of disguises is getting unmanageable. I'm particularly proud that I managed to extend my repertoire and be the buxom waitress too.....I made some good tips and Mr Footitt didn't seem to notice

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:15 pm

Big thanks to everyone who helped setup, organise and run the washburn event.

And an extra BIG thanks for all those who stayed and packed up meaning everyone got off at a reasonable time. It was great to see so many volunteers helping out with the clear up especially considering the conditions.

Neil Footitt

Post by Neil Footitt » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:42 pm

Blooming sat navs wouldn't work so was guessing my way round most of the weekend.

Hmmmmmmm Thought I was full up .......thats the reason then. Two pubs at once for a belly full....can't be bad !!!

Neil, just cleaned the car out and found four broken pastic forks for which you got the blame from my kids !!

Neil H

Post by Neil H » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Are you sure, I remember leaving four candles

You got any 'ose?

Mick h

Post by Mick h » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:56 pm

Brilliant event well organised event with two excellent challenging courses well done.