RESULT ERRORS - BE WARNED

Discuss past and future events
davewaine

RESULT ERRORS - BE WARNED

Post by davewaine » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:48 am

As per the rule change at the last ACM, results for an event are declared final at the event and can't be subsequently amended. I know of two errors in keying in the results to the computer that were not noticed by the paddlers concerned. At our Shepperton event the computer printout was displayed but the paddler never noticed the discrepancy between card and computer and at the other only the cards were displayed, the error was on the computer results entered afterwards.
:!:
You need to carefully check the results on the cards / printed slip or computer display before the end of protest time at the event. If only cards on display it may be worth taking a picture of your card!
:wink:

John Sturgess

Re: RESULT ERRORS - BE WARNED

Post by John Sturgess » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Dave

My understanding - and the aim of the motion when originally proposed - was/is that errors can be corrected, but without changing everyone else's result in such a way that there was no way of finding out what final results actually were.

davieq

Post by davieq » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:39 pm

Paddled at Washburn at the weekend in Div 2 Vets. On Saturday I had a reasonable 1st run which would have given me (by my calculations 951 pts) However my not so good second run has been recorded as a time of 13.3 seconds!!!! (total 23.3 including penalties) This has resulted in me being given 1000 pts instead of 951. Now I would gladly accept the 1000pts. Where do I stand as the results have been published and I did not notice the error until I saw the results today on here. Some advice please :D

Davie

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Indeed a small number of corrections have been made as far as I know.

If you contact Nick I am sure he will be able to sort it out (on holiday at the moment though so don't expect reply immediately).

John Sturgess

Post by John Sturgess » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:59 am

Davie

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

I was the Jury member responsible for checking results, and I failed to spot that one!

You have two choices - leave it there, or, as Duncan says, appeal to have it reduced

John

davieq

Post by davieq » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:17 pm

John,
Thanks for your honesty, now you have put me in a spot, do I leave it and accept the additional 49 points or contact Nick and have it corrected !!!! Decisions decisions.

Terryg

Post by Terryg » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:26 pm

Clarification please. Does the current system allow for errors to be corrected after the event or not?
There seems to have been a few errors during the season, is anyone proposing a rule change at the ACM?

John Sturgess

Post by John Sturgess » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:58 am

A paddler can get an error on his/her own score altered, but it will not (as it used to) lead to everybody else's points being adjusted

That is what the original motion was meant to mean ...

John

Terryg

Post by Terryg » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:26 am

So no rule change required?
Who does the paddler apply to , the ranking officer?

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:13 am

Actually, yes rule change needed. The wording of the rules do not allow for an appeal against your own points - YET! :cry:
This is in hand (and the process will be defined as well) :oops:
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points