Veteran + Junior 16 & Under Championships

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Jasper

Veteran + Junior 16 & Under Championships

Post by Jasper » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:32 pm

I've just noticed from the main page of Canoe Slalom that these events are to take place at the same time as the Double Div. 1 event to be held at Pinkston on the weekend of 20th & 21st June.

Was mention of these events missed of the 2015 managed race calendar / scheule of events currently shown in Canoe Slalom or have decisions only recently been made?

Canadian Paddler

Re: Veteran + Junior 16 & Under Championships

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:36 pm

This has been the plan for quite a while. As you may know these championships move round the home nations, and it is Scotland's turn to host the championships.
It was first noted at the slalom committee meeting back at teh end of June
6.1.4 Junior Championships
In 2015 the Junior Championships will be held in Scotland. Holding these alongside a double div 1 at Pinkston was suggested. Holding Junior Championships and Pan Celtic races alongside a double race provides challenges in results display and in water time. The implications in terms of numbers and timescale will be reviewed and a proposal circulated.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:59 am

Thanks Canadian Paddler for this clarification.

Is there anywhere else this information is or has been displayed as I feel sure that I'm not alone in saying that reading the minutes of the Committee Meetings is not something that I tend to do, even if I should be?

Sorry!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:14 pm

Not sure where else (or if) it has been published. I thought it would have been on the calendar, just like you did, but looking back it was not. :(

ps understand about reading the minutes, that is one of the reasons for teh abbreviated minutes going on Facebook now.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:18 am

I don't think Pinkston was on the calendar as we had to run a test event in December and the Report has only recently been submitted and still to have Minutes published on receipt to confirm the event application.

There were some concerns on the viability of Pinkston as a Div 1 and Championship site - but I believe we were able to redress most of those in December. Hopefully June will be significantly warmer :)

CD