Sad news please read

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
canoebabe88

Post by canoebabe88 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:23 pm

Unfortunately I am the bearer of some very sad news.

Sometime today my father Graeme Brautigam was sadly taken from us the circumstances are yet unknown but he will be greatly missed.

Rest in Peace dad and have fun in the big bouncy waves of heaven we all miss you so much love always you x

Sent on behalf of Heather, Sara, Wendy and Cass.

David Hepworth

Post by David Hepworth » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:29 pm

A great friend and a large presence, not always bobbing along with the flow, but a true Yorkshireman who said what he liked and liked what he said, you will be sadly missed by many, especially me.

Rest in peace Greame and find that tranquil eddy,

Your friend Dave

Bus Driver

Post by Bus Driver » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:00 pm

We have known Graeme and his family for many years and would like to send our deepest sympathy to them.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do, in the mean time, we are thinking of you all.

Sue, Steve, Julie and Keith

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:48 pm

Graham managed to make me smile when Proteus burned down with his simple generosity.

If there is anything I can do to help in any small way please let me know.

Colin
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

ElaineF

Post by ElaineF » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:52 am

So sorry to hear of this loss, our deepest sympathies go to the family at this difficult time, he will truly be missed by the many he has helped and supported over the years.

My lasting memory will always be of Mallory's first ever descent of the Tryweryn along with yourself Heather. It was some years ago now, the two of you just kept on going. Every step of the way right down to the campsite there was Graeme with his trusty throwline. I will never forget the peace of mind it gave me that he was there. Thank you again Graeme, may you rest in peace.

Elaine Franklin.

Rob Holdway

Post by Rob Holdway » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:18 pm

This is deeply saddening news. I'm as shocked as everyone else.

I knew Graeme through my sister Ruth. He was a big guy with a big heart. I shall not forget the generocity and enthusiasm that he gave in his key role in the organisation of the Cancer Challenge polo matches.

My deepest sympathies go out to Cas, Heather, Sara and Wendy. I can appreciate how you all must be feeling.

Rob