Competing in an Officials event

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Veronica

Re: Competing in an Officials event

Post by Veronica » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:26 am

It would be a shame to see this event go. On the whole it works and probably encourages volunteers and assists organisers. The problem is when this event is being abused by competitors breaking the rules and by competing in the ranking event and also entering officials event.

As Seve as stated when a competitor has frequently broken rule C6.1.2 it is not enough to remove points from official league, points from ranking event sould also be removed.

I agree with Michelle that non-paddling volunteers are not motivated by the prospect of gaining points in the officials event. I'm not sure about joining in and paddling. It would need to be a Div4!

PeterC

Post by PeterC » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:35 pm

Ok so it is really the bit about valuing volunteers that I care about. The ranked paddlers can continue to have their judges runs and indeed the non ranked - however not sure anyone is going to get me in a pointy thing anytime soon! Even doing a C2 run with Mr CP!!

I tend to agree that the competition element of the judges runs is a bit pointless. We do however need more emphasis on volunteers and instead of just honouring one long term contribution each year we perhaps need to honour more. Rather than the daunting task of collecting infor about all the volunteers who do so much perhaps we should collect nominations each year for a thank you to all of them.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:05 pm

Now I am afraid, not done squirt C2 since started with my previous serious partner. we paddled a boat designed for his son and partner. We were a LITTLE bit heavier. Decided we needed a new boat when the boat took 2 seconds to surface behind the rock at Ironbridge.

Me and Peter in a C2. . . . . . . . :roll: Good job his knees are not up to it

Scared of Peterborough
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

321go

Post by 321go » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:03 am

PC & CP in a C2...now that i would pay to watch :-)

PeterC

Post by PeterC » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:37 pm

Shortly getting knees fixed Mr W. Are we doing a fundraiser?