In the Flow - new book on psychology for slalom

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
mally

In the Flow - new book on psychology for slalom

Post by mally » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:00 am

Hello folks

Please forgive this appearing here and not in the 'for sale' section, but I thought this might be of general interest and be missed by those not looking for a new bit of kit.

I've just published a book on performance psychology for canoe sports. It's based on a combination of academic research and many years practical experience as a paddler, coach and sport psychologist. The response so far has been very positive, with Canoe Wales, GB Canoeing and the Australian slalom all placing large orders. Here's what US coach Bill Endicott said about it

"With this book Jonathan Males, whom I first coached in 1981 in Australia, demonstrates he's now one of the top experts in the field of sports psychology. The book's easy to read and packed with insightful and practical information, not only for competitive athletes and recreational river runners, but also for those seeking high performance in any field."

And here are World K1 Champion Vavra Hradlilek's views

"It’s definitely really interesting reading and as a professional athlete I can recommend it to everyone who is willing to have a whitewater in the blood for most of his life. No matter its slalom or extreme paddling, the words in this book can be used as a big help and inspiration."

You can order a copy on line at this website, in paperback or (later this week) in e-book.

http://performance.sportscene.tv

If you're interested in multiple copies please contact me directly, and I'll have copies with me when I'm at races.

Thanks!

Jonathan Males

jmales@performance-1.co.uk

ringorayner

Re: In the Flow - new book on psychology for slalom

Post by ringorayner » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:13 pm

I like the book Jonathan - just what I need as a coach and parent of a psychologically-challenged teenage slalomist! Easy to read yet still academically sound. Thanks :)

mally

Post by mally » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:27 pm

Glad you liked the book and found it useful, ringorayner.
There's also a e-book version available on Amazon for Kindle, or at www.smashwords.com for other formats.

mally

Post by mally » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:53 pm

I'll have copies with me this weekend at Grandtully for £15 - save yourself a fiver!

mally

Post by mally » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:13 am

If anyone wants to pick up a copy of In the Flow, I'll have some with me this weekend at Lee Valley. Direct price is only £15 (you save about £5 compared to online price). You can also order the paperback or e-book here http://www.performance.sportscene.tv/