Looking for Coaching Support

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Seedy Paddler

Looking for Coaching Support

Post by Seedy Paddler » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:02 pm

As part of the SCOTS slalom development we have a number of development training camps this summer. Unfortunately we are short of coaching support for the intermediate camp based at L'Argentiere la Bessee from 5th - 12th July.

Agreed it is short notice, however we can assist with provision of accommodation (we have spare beds in the group chalet) and there is some financial support available to go towards mileage and travel.

Currently I am leading the coaching and I will have 7 teenage paddlers ranging across Div 2 to Div 1 K1M. Base will be on the slalom sites at L'Argentiere and St Clement with river trips down the Durrance to include BCU WW 3 star. Ideally looking for some Prem/upper Div 1 paddlers that could assist and support the boys development in slalom and white water technique.

Potentially an opportunity for students to offset some costs and get out to L'Argentiere with a little subsidy to support with voluntary coaching.

Please PM me with details and email address and we can discuss and progress. Please be prepared to provide some background information - current paddling, any coaching qualifications/experience and potential referees. As the boys are junior I will need to vet and check before we accept, however unlikely we will have time to undertake full PVG checks so volunteers will need to act under my supervision.

Regards

Craig Douglas