Div 1 Champions

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Seedy Paddler

Div 1 Champions

Post by Seedy Paddler » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:38 pm

Just wondered if somebody could clarify the rationale behind the Championship status. Been cross-referencing with the Ranking lists and I have still to find a common denominator :?

Canadian Paddler

Re: Div 1 Champions

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:46 pm

Assuming you mean the British Champions:
Championship should mean that the champions are the highest placed in the grouping. Unlike event prizes which often go to the highest placed who has not already had a prize.

So K1M first placed is Joe Clarke. He is under 23 so he is also U23 K1M champion.

Division 1 Champions are the highest ranked paddler who has been in division 1 this season.

Division 1 Junior Newcomers are the highest ranked Junior paddler who started the season below division 1. So IMHO
• Daisy Pound, should be K1W Junior Newcomer winner, even though she is now in Prem. {I have raised this with Nick}
• Eoin Teague was ranked directly into 1 so is ineligible to be K1M newcomer, so Harry Burke is div 1 K1M Junior newcomer as on Nick's site
• Jacob Barrett is C1M Junior Newcomer as on Nick's site.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:16 pm

Thanks CP got it now, I was looking at the Div 1 rankings and trying to work out from there - should have thought along the same lines as the Div 1 newcomers and checked with SS results in Prem :oops:

SimonW

Post by SimonW » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:43 am

Can anyone explain why there is no top junior newcomer recognition for C1W. There are more girls now competing in C1 and the overall standard is improving. Surely in a world of equal opportunities and to encourage other participants, C1W should be included alongside C1M? On this basis Non Dingle would get her name in lights among the rest of the juniors.

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:55 am

The Highest Ranking Junior newcomers to Div 1 are supported by companies nobody has com forward with a C1W award.
Jim

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:26 am

There is a highest ranked junior newcomer to div 1 in every class where we have a separate division 1.

As C2 and C1W are both Prem / 1, there is not a highest ranked newcomer to division 1 prize. If / When this changes we will have to revisit this and seek a sponsor for the award.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points