Paddle for Nepal

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Phil Stevo

Paddle for Nepal

Post by Phil Stevo » Thu May 21, 2015 10:50 am

Dave Manby (of Canoe Down Everest fame) is organsing a paddlefest at Llangollen on 27/28th June in aid of Nepal Earthquake Relief. The idea is that anyone who goes along to paddle the River Dee donates £20 that will get to where it is needed through two longstanding Nepali charities.

Llangollen Adventure is currently on with erecting 20 permanent slalom gates at Mile End Mill and slalom coaching will be available over the weekend.

For more information on the weekend and to donate: http://www.davemanby.co.uk/

To book in for the slalom coaching please e-mail me at philstephenson@compuserve.com

The themes of the coaching will be:

- Effective posture and utilising your core
- Developing stroke technique
- Utilising posture, core and stroke technique to get around the gates faster

I think it is great news that permanent gates are returning to Mile End Mill at Llangollen. The cost of using the gates will be £3 per day with changing facilities - bargain!!!

Phil

Phil Stevo

Re: Paddle for Nepal

Post by Phil Stevo » Thu May 21, 2015 12:58 pm

Correction: It is Llangollen Outdoors rather than Llangollen Adventure that are putting the gates up at Mile End Mill.

Phil

Happychappy

Post by Happychappy » Fri May 22, 2015 4:22 pm

What a great event this will be, unfortunately Chester and I will be at Washburn Div 1 or we would have loved to have come to give support. Will still make a donation though.

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Fri May 22, 2015 10:39 pm

If you can't make the paddle you can still support the effort : https://www.justgiving.com/dee-paddle-nepal/

Phil Stevo

Post by Phil Stevo » Sat May 23, 2015 8:48 am

Yes it is a shame it clashes with Washburn and Fairnilee but for those not competing that weekend it should be a great gathering with evening lectures etc. and of course the slalom training camp at Mile End Mill.

Just let me know if you would like to attend the slalom training camp.

Phil