6.10 Entry Fees

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

6.10 Entry Fees

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:14 pm

A motion at the 2019 ACM (6.2) left instructions to the committee
    An amendment was proposed to phase in the entry fees increases over a period of years but increasing for 2020 to Division 4 £6.00, Division 3 £8.00, Division 2 £10.00 and Prem / Division 1 £18.00 with matching increases in late fees and for the committee to propose further increases as appropriate to the ACM next year with the intent of increasing the fees over a period of years. Proposed by Proteus and seconded by Cheltenham. The amendment was adopted with 60 Votes for, 4 Votes against and 2 abstentions.
      The original motion was to increase fees to Prem/1 £20.00 (£25.00 late) : 2 £15.00 (£20.00 late) 3 £10.00 (£11.30) 4 £8.00 (£8.00).
        The Original increases have been reproposed as time has moved on. Page 66 (CW)
        UK 6.2.6.c Minimum Entry Fees will be increased annually by the lower of the increase in Retail Price Index (RPI) or the Consumer Price Index (CPI) according to the formula:
        New fee = A+ {A x [(B-C) /C]}, rounded to nearest 10p. Where
        A = the entry fee for 2022
        B = the index for September immediately prior to the relevant ACM
        C = the index for September 2021.
        Division & Category Page 118
        Competition Entry Fee Late Entry Fee (when accepted)
        Premier & First Division £20.00 £25.00
        Division Two: £15.00 £20.00
        Division Three: £10.00 £11.30
        Division Four: £8.00 £8.00
        All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
        Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Dee

Re: 6.10 Entry Fees

Post by Dee » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:15 pm

I'm intrigued that there has been no responses to this one as entry fees are usually such a hot topic! :D :D :twisted: :twisted:
        Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
        Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

rose

Post by rose » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi
        Can you clarify how much goes to British Canoeing and how much goes to the club?
        I don’t think many slalom are run with huge profits?

CeeBee

Post by CeeBee » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:20 pm

There's a challenge!

Given that timing and judging fees have doubled for double Div 1 and double Prems as they are now charged per day (which I don't think was voted on at any ACM) than per weekend, the Div 1 and Prem entry fees should be increased to allow for this increase in expenses so that it is cost neutral to the organiser. However, as this wasn't proposed before the ACM , it's too late!

I do wonder what the finances for the sport look like as the timing and judging team costs for a Div 1 and Prem are the same but the paddlers entering Div 1s has dropped significantly which will have resulted in less administration , timing and judging fees being collected.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:27 pm

Just to clarify nothing goes to British Canoeing, or Canoe Wales or SCA
        The amounts quoted in the rule go to the Slalom Committees. This is split 55% to the Home Nation Slalom Committee and 45% to the GB Slalom Committee.

The GB Committee use it to fund projects, support services (like hosting charges for CanoeSlalom.co.uk), expenses for judges etc.
        The slightly convoluted wording replaced the simpler 45% of entry from Prem/1, 40% for div 2 and zero for 3/4. As the percentage caused confusion when enhanced fees are charged. If a club needs an enhanced fee then they get all the benefit of that increase. But the

Home Nation projects and support comes from this levy not from the Home Nation itself (or so I understand)

There is a motion for entry fee increase. Clubs can propose amendments to that motion and change the amounts on that motion. So if you want to increase Prem more then get your arguments together and try to convince teh meeting to accept your view.

The judging and timing levy does not cover the amount paid to support judges coming to events, the difference is covered by the National Committee. Oh and from an officials point of view, the expenses paid to volunteers does not go anywhere near the costs of going to races. So next time you are rude about a judge, remember it has cost them personally to come and support your racing. Especially true for the judges who have stopped competing at that level, or whose children have stopped competing. But still we come out of habit and because we know people did the same for us 'back in the day'
        All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:02 pm

Phew a long wide ranging discussion with votes on the fee for each division between nothing and possible rises. End result
        Division Entry Fee Late Entry Fee (when accepted)
        Premier & First Division £20.00 £25.00
        Division Two £13.00 £18.00
        Division Three £8.00 £9.30
        Division Four: £6.00 £6.00

JimW

Post by JimW » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:26 pm

This information could be better collated for event organisers!

So if I have this right for our div 2/3
        • Div 2 entry fee £13 (increase of £3)
        • Div 2 levy £5.20
        • Div 2 amount to club £7.80
        • Div 3 entry fee £8 (no increase)
        • Div 3 levy £0
        • Div 3 amount to club £8
        • C2 entry fee £6.50 (charge as div 2, but get 50% discount)
        • C2 levy £2.60
        • C2 amount to club £3.90
        No levy is applied to enhanced fees, but with the ratio of div 3:div 2 fees changing from 4:5 to 8:13 I need to recalculate not only the shortfall due to change in div 2 fees*, but the ratio for distributing it as enhancements between the 2 divisions.

*the shortfall is not due to the change, the change reduces it, but since I only aim to cover costs I need to recalculate to reduce the enhancements compared to my preliminary calculations based on last years fees.

lesf

Post by lesf » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:48 pm

My understanding is that fees have increased but levies only increase by inflation (as per motion 6.9 at the ACM).
        So the additional income stay with the organising club to help ensure that events are viable.

JimW

Post by JimW » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:05 pm

How have I ended up with £8 for div 3?
        It's a complete mess. Organisers should have been told exactly what the fees and levies were going to be before requests for yearbook info went out (I realise these are actioned by different people), instead of having to cross reference several ACM motions and old fee structure and the rule book to try and make some kind of sense of it.

I have no idea if I can change our enhanced fees now, if I can they may well change once the correct information is available.

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:53 pm

Jim,
        If you need to change submitted data then let me know (not too late yet, though it will be soon!).
        I'll need to you to confirm which competition you are referring to!

I think perhaps there was an assumption that clubs would check the ACM outcomes before adjusting enhanced fees!
        Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
        Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

JimW

Post by JimW » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:45 pm

I still don't understand what level the levies are being set at.