End of Season Promotions

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Secretary Man

End of Season Promotions

Post by Secretary Man » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:41 pm

Yes Secretary Man is back, to differentiate Canadian Paddlers inane, self centered moans and complaints from official business.

At the meeting last Wednesday the Slalom Committee agreed end of season promotions as below:

MK1/WK1
  • 1 -> P at or above 4,500 points
  • 2 -> 1 at or above 2,190 points
  • 3 -> 2 at or above 1,000 points
MC1
  • 1 -> P at or above 4,200 points
  • 2 -> 1 at or above 2,000 points
  • 3 -> 2 at or above 900 points
WC1
  • 1 -> P at or above 4,000 points
  • 2 -> 1 at or above 1,900 points
  • 3 -> 2 at or above 800 points
The reduce levels in the Canoe classes reflect the difficulty in getting larger fields, so the faster drop off of points for second (and lower) places.

The minutes have been sent out for the ACM and the committee meeting. If you think you should have received a copy and have not, please contact slalom.secretary@vol.britishcanoeing.org.uk - it may be down to fat fingers typing wrongly, or an out of date email / contact person for your club.
Hon Secretary to the British Canoeing Slalom Committee
( a different Id is used for personal rants and raves)

Greendragon

Re: End of Season Promotions

Post by Greendragon » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:41 am

Out of interest....those promoted end of season, I guess will keep their paddle up points and may or may not jump up above those already promoted/raced? Or, will they just be tagged on the bottom for issuing new bibs?

Dee

Post by Dee » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:27 pm

I believe that those promoted end of season will be added to the bottom of the ranking list, ie their paddle up points will have no impact on their bib number. This makes sense as effectively the paddle-up points expired before promotion. However, I believe the new promotees will be placed above those who have not raced in the season - these paddlers would normally be demoted but no demotions this year :)
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Greendragon

Post by Greendragon » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:55 am

OK, makes sense, thank you for clarification.