Div 4 Organisers

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
djberriman

Div 4 Organisers

Post by djberriman » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:21 pm

Hi,

Please note Dave Spencer has added a feature to simply slalom to produce the Div 4 promotion certificates for you, all you have to is print them.

The bottom part of the temporary certificate are for the details I need so I can post the real certificate and slalom information to the promoted paddlers. Please send the bottom half (or preferably an email with the details) asap after the event and I will post their real certificate within 3-5 days.

Paddlers just need to add their address as all other details are pre-printed.

Thanks
Duncan

JimW

Re: Div 4 Organisers

Post by JimW » Thu May 12, 2022 8:13 pm

This works wonderfully when Simply Slalom works for you.

I reccommend all organisers obtain a copy in advance (email slalom chair) and set up a dummy competition in it and make sure they can add results and crucially calculate the results/points at the end of the day.

In Scotland we are seeing problems with perhaps some versions of excel, or some versions of windows, or maybe something like security settings - my own laptop will do everything (except on 1 file which did work but refuses to work again), both SCA laptops are with me now for investigation to see if I can get them to calculate results, and various other organisers have had issues with their own laptops either like the SCA laptops, or when using company laptops that have macros disabled at system administrator level.

So test in advance and make sure you are using a laptop that likes the software, and as long as you have results for everyone (remember to enter the 'no result' options for people who don't finish or don't start - it won't calculate without those), you will have a results sheet with div 3 points and div 4 promotions and a stack of div 4 promotion certificates within a minute of your race finishing (in PDF form, your printer might take a couple of minutes to give you them all in paper form).

Not all div 4 organisers read the forum, so if you are helping out at a div 4 don't be afraid to ask the organiser if they are aware of this facility, and let them know if they aren't - it is automatic when you calculate results/points, but you need to find the PDF certificate files (in the simply slalom folder) and print them off.