Anybody interested in kayaking in Austria? - Flatwater kayaking only

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
RichHope

Post by RichHope » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:17 pm

Hello everybody,

I am new here. So the first thing to do is to say "Hello to all!"

I have a problem and I hope you can help me with that. I was born and raised in Austria in the middle of a wonderful lake region and for quite a while now I wondered if offering lake kayaking on these lakes would be something I should do as a future business.

Of course investments in kayaks and gear are high and so I would love to get a little bit of feedback from kayakers before I jump into the cold water :)

I would be thrilled if you could give me answers to questions like this:
1) Would you ever consider a lake kayaking trip to Austria
2) How long should that trip be?
3) Guided (small groups of 8 + guide) or unguided (you just get your gear, a rental car and a map and do the rest yourself)
4) What should such a trip cost max (for a week of paddling)
5) Only paddling or also trips to villages, towns,... sightseeing, maybe also visit vienna or the highest mountains in Austria. Hiking also?
6) Have you ever travelled for kayaking before? If so, where to and for how much?
7) Would offering lake-kayaking tours to Austria be a good idea in your opinion?
8) What did I forget to ask? :))

Thank you all for your answers!

And again a warm "Hello!" to all of you!

Reinhard

beefy

Post by beefy » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:07 pm

i think this is kinda the wrong sort of people to ask about this kinda thing as were more into kinda big rivers but i will ansewr in the eyes of people not so already brought into the canoin world

~ me no but i know of people who would

2) How long should that trip be?
~ bout 5 days

3) Guided (small groups of 8 + guide) or unguided (you just get your gear, a rental car and a map and do the rest yourself)
~ both for different peoples capabillities

4) What should such a trip cost max (for a week of paddling)
~ no idea sorry

5) Only paddling or also trips to villages, towns,... sightseeing, maybe also visit vienna or the highest mountains in Austria. Hiking also?
~ mixture of all but not to much of any

6) Have you ever travelled for kayaking before? If so, where to and for how much?
~ slovakia brataslavia i dont know costs

7) Would offering lake-kayaking tours to Austria be a good idea in your opinion?
~ yes to less experienced people who like more touring kinda paddling

RichHope

Post by RichHope » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:02 pm

Hello beefy,

thanks a lot for your great feedback. This was the kind that I hoped for. I am sorry for the late answer, I was so swamped with work lately that I had no time for anything else.... Sorry.

~ me no but i know of people who would

Would you please let me know who those people are or how I could get in touch with them? That would be invaluable to me! Thanks a lot for your help!

Greetings to all
RichHope