Short Boats

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
mini c1

Post by mini c1 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:48 am

hey how about the sweet speed or fluffy ass kicker in pink and purple :p :D

the rabbi

Post by the rabbi » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:52 am

hes not gonna say to ur face " this boat is crap, mate" that may be an exageration cos i am sure its OK cos i always thought he paddled better boats. i think u shud make a boat designed on the force as its a good design!!

Dutch Geezer

Post by Dutch Geezer » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:15 pm

Why the Force, why not the Optima, its probably the most popular slalom boat design in recent years, be interesting to count the sales of the Optima against the Retro, the Force and even the Nomad Extra.

Post by guest » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:13 pm

i reckon the force is better frankly and is more the way forward

canoebabe88

Post by canoebabe88 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:29 am

have you trued the others in races as they are a lot faster

craig

Post by craig » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:49 pm

We must realise that boats are a very individual item, what works for one will not work for all.

I think rather than using this as a slagging of one boat or another we need to come up with constructive criticism/praise. Manufacturers are clearly willing to hear the voice of the paddler and if you want things you don't like to be improved in the future then voice that opinion in a way in which it will be listened to.

Spread love not hate!

Post by guest » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:53 pm

that is true but as u notice majority of people do paddle the same boats at the moment its forces and optimas before it was midas's and so on. so its not just a personal thing if u get what i mean

craig

Post by craig » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:00 pm

Fair point but with the new rules what I think we've got is an increase in variables, its not just design now but length aswell and I think we'll see a lot more variation in what people paddle.

I may be wrong who knows, one things for sure though these short boats are so much more fun!!!

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .

Post by .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. . » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:15 pm

i dont know, time will tell

c2canoeslalom

Post by c2canoeslalom » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:38 pm

Dutch Geezer
Will DD be providing the UK with a C2 demo boat as my brother and I would be quite keen to try this as I've only seen the new Vajda C2 (and a video at that). Has it been developed from a previous DD design or has it been designed from scratch. Who has been involved in the designing and testing of the boat?
Look forward to seeing and hopefully paddling the new boat.
RESIST OR SERVE

c2canoeslalom

Post by c2canoeslalom » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:38 pm

Dutch Geezer
Will DD be providing the UK with a C2 demo boat as my brother and I would be quite keen to try this as I've only seen the new Vajda C2 (and a video at that). Has it been developed from a previous DD design or has it been designed from scratch. Who has been involved in the designing and testing of the boat?
Look forward to seeing and hopefully paddling the new boat.
RESIST OR SERVE

Dutch Geezer

Post by Dutch Geezer » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:15 pm

The new Unison is with Kev McHugh now and being fitted out ready to start testing. We want as many crews to paddle it as possible, so we get the best range of feedback.

But please bare in mind that we are not saying this is the ultimate C2, we are saying this is the starting point. If its good we can refine it, if its not, then we need good quality comments to make changes which improve the performance.

Backman

Post by Backman » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:01 am

We just started to paddle a Vajda C2, which looks pretty much like a short Hoski. Wave or Twister. In fact on a first paddle on the flat to get it balanced it felt pretty familar and I didn't really notice the reduced length.

However after a first session on moving water, it did feel quite different. Although I'm not convinced that it's significantly slower in a straight line, if you have to easy up for a tight section the speed drops of quicker and you have to work harder to get it back up to speed that with a longer boat. Also it doesn't track in a staight line as well as a long boat.

On the plus side it turns really quickly and accelerates well out of ups........and looks like the dogs dangly bits

joe coombs

Post by joe coombs » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:40 pm

Dutch Geezer,

Are Double Dutch going to buy the Zig-Zag 3-6-9?

Will there be a demo?
Never Fall In!!!

joe coombs

Post by joe coombs » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:41 pm

ia it good?
Never Fall In!!!