joe coombs

Post by joe coombs » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:41 pm

It looks good
Never Fall In!!!

Post by guest » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:30 pm

u only need to post once joe......

Dutch Geezer

Post by Dutch Geezer » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:19 pm

Last we heard, even Zig Zag were uncertain about their short boat. The only short Zig Zag I know of in this country is Campbell's own cut down Optima. Has someone else got a new short Zig Zag?

As to buying the licence, DD bought the Optima licence because it was the boat everyone wanted at that time and DD refused to rip it off. Financially it was the right decision, 3 moulds and 198 boats later, DD have no regrets about licencing the Optima.

My own personal feeling is that all the manufacturers have learnt from the Optima and are all developing their designs to incorporate the features which made the Optima so popular. It is so early in the developement of the short boats and there is such a long time before the major events there is no point in rushing in to licence other designs.

DD have licenced the short Force because it is not an Optima copy and it will appeal to the people who prefer the Dalton style of boat rather than the Optima

Until all the testing is finished and the top paddlers have to make that final decision, who knows what will be the boat for 2005/2006, here's hoping its the Pink Fluffy Bunny by Double Dutch.

Post by guest » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:27 pm

thats my name. lol yer :p :D

Dutch Geezer

Post by Dutch Geezer » Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:32 pm

You must love your parents

Post by guest » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:43 am

:laugh: no :angry:

frontman2

Post by frontman2 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:23 am

Following on from Backman's comments, we have now paddled the new Vajda short C2 for a few sessions and it just feels a better boat each time we paddle it. For us it's so much more responsive than the larger boats, and really enjoyable to paddle. It's cool.

Post by guest » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:44 pm

i am liking new vajda boats at the mo, might add one to my collection :D

Dutch Geezer

Post by Dutch Geezer » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:20 pm

The latest Double Dutch short boats are here.

There are 2 Slingshots( Blue and Red) and Huw Swetman has just taken delivery of his new Ballista.

The demo Slingshots will take up to a 75 kilo paddler possibly heavier, again if you try them, please let us know your weight in Kilos and your impressions.

The Blue Slingshot has more rocker than the Red one, but both boats appear to turn very well and over short distances there is little appreciable difference in straight line speed, although this will be tested more over the next few days.

Double Dutch will not be changing the design of the Slingshot in 2005, so these are representative demo versions. As with all designs we may manipulate the rocker and the cut to optomise the boat, but the design will remain the same.

Huw Swetman is very pleased with his Ballista and has been heard to say its the best he has tried so far. He is off to Ireland for training so we will have to wait for more feedback on that particular boat. However Sam Oud is very happy with his boat, moves which before he either couldn't make or had extreme difficulty are now possible with ease. Sam is 90 kilos.

I will have a 60 kilo version of the Slingshot soon and also a demo ballista for people to try.

Post by guest » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:44 pm

is the slingshot the same as the vajda tuscan?

Dutch Geezer

Post by Dutch Geezer » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:31 am

No. It is a new design

The original guest

Post by The original guest » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:52 pm

obviously its not, and im the real guest

Dutch Geezer

Post by Dutch Geezer » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:05 pm

Guest wrote:obviously its not, and im the real guest
???

Neil

Post by Neil » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:21 pm

I have tried all of the short boats on the market and in my opinion the slingshot is the best boat. If you do not believe me try it out :thumbsup: you will be happy suprised

Post by guest » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:07 pm

so do we have a c1 then?