jackson kayak slalom boat

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
c1mini

Post by c1mini » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:30 pm

jackson slalom boat.

IS he just trying to beat corran addison?
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares?... He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.

iccle smurf

Post by iccle smurf » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:02 pm

i dont think so it looks nothing like corrans design

c1mini

Post by c1mini » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:28 pm

i know. i said is he trying to beat corran with his new design
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares?... He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:58 pm

I don't know if it has been done only in order to beat Corran, but it does look as if he knows a bit more about slalom boat design - in fact it looks as if it would work very well. I'm quite a fan of rails, having got used to them on my Ultimo, and would be nice to see a short slalom boat go into production with rails. And I'm also wiht him on the length issue, all boats will end up being 3.5 metres long, because the ideal length is less than that, so therefore the cockpit will still be forwards of centre, with a long tapering tail to make up the length.

beefy

Post by beefy » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:05 am

i agree its not about out winning other people in the end its what different people like beter otherwise everyone would paddle the same boat and lets face it, it isnt going to happen.I also think its good to see different people getting into the manufacture of slalom boats to get a better range and from what i have read i think he has a good knowloge of it we shal see if he brings it out to be tested.

Ruth

Post by Ruth » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:46 pm

They are not for sale yet and no demo boats.

"At the moment these are just being built for EJ and his kids though we expect them to be available later in the year. They are composite boats, though a plastic one may follow."

Ruth