short boats (again!) - any consensus?

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
ted

Post by ted » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:34 pm

Last time I paddled short boats were just a thing of the future. Of all the double dutch, vajda, nomad & caiman short boats I tried I wasn't particularly impressed with any of them. Now the season is fully underway I was wondering if one design has become the clear favourite/ winner? What boat is Neil Caffrey paddling? I don't want to miss out on the next Optima!

Also congratulations to Nathan, Lizzie and Mark on already securing selection. Watch out though, I will be back next year :angry:

steve

Post by steve » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:22 pm

He's paddling an energy (think that's the name), a modified force 360.

Post by guest » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:35 pm

i depends on your size. it seems that most bigger people (over 70kgs) are going for the slingshot, whereas the smaller paddlers are going for the force/energy.

c1mini

Post by c1mini » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:28 pm

the tuscans are very popular, possibly as good or better than forces ( never paddled either so i cannot say)
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares?... He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.

Nathan Stevenson

Post by Nathan Stevenson » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:50 pm

Hiya Ted, getting yourself back in the loop I see. You want to get yourself a Nomad! I'm in a Force 360 at the moment but will probably switch to an Energy later this season. However, the banana boat is yet to be modified, it's yours if you ever want to pick it up!