Underweight Boats: Any Genuine Reason

Yes
38%
No
63%

Total votes: 16

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:54 pm

To get back to the original question of the previous topic on this subject, maybe we should turn it into a poll, and let people explain their reasons for answering yes.

Dave Royle

Post by Dave Royle » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:15 pm

Weights were introduced (I'm sure you remember this Dave) when some boats were being made extremely light for top level competitions and were quite fragile !! I know they could still do the same and add a weight but the tendancy does seem to make a boat slightly (rather than hugely) underweight and then weight it up to the correct value. The arguement at the moment is more whether air bags should be counted as part of the weight or not. My feeling is they should as it would encourage people to put them in (front and back)

Jimi3000

Post by Jimi3000 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:44 pm

boat manufacturers should make a semi permanet fixture. so you can add weights on and take em off whenever you want.
that would make it easier to add weights and mean you dont have to stick them in.
They could give out weights to bring the boat up to spec when they deliver the boat.

if you wanted the weight in a different part of the boat, then you could ask for it when ordering. or tell them not to put the fixing in.