Ausburgh

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Fison100@hotmail.com

Post by Fison100@hotmail.com » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:53 am

There is 3 slalom paddlers going out to Ausburgh in Germany in September hopefully to paddle on the course. Any information on water realease and accomodation etc i would be very gratefull :cool:

Smoggie

Post by Smoggie » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:14 pm

Alrite Fison,
2 Campsite's that Ive been to there. Lech camping, which is good and very secure, but small, and slightly expensive, but has a nice lake. However it is more of a family campsite.(As a bonus it has a supermarket opposite it) There is also another one very close to lech. I stayed there last year. It was cheaper and much larger, but still a decent campsite. Both campsites have shops and resteraunts. The 2nd campsite has quite a big lake next to it, which is accesible from the site, and there is a resteraunts/bar next to the lake.

The course known as the Icecanal by locals (but its not spelt that way), just in case u ask for directions.

At the course itself, people are suppoesed to sign on and pay in the resteraunt. The staffs English isnt that good so it can be hard. They'll give u a stupid yellow bib saying 'gast' on it, and u mite ave to put down a passport or drivers liscence as security. Sometimes people dont even bother paying.

There are 3 sections to the course. The main canal (the race place) the upper bit which feeds it and the canals which the upper bit also feeds. If the main course isnt running, the the top and canals always are, which are ok for some stuff. When ive been there in the summer, the past 3 years, the main channel has only been closed for a few days. But it varies, so it could be closed longer.
When the german team are training on the main channel their use is exclusive i think.

I think I'm heading to Augsburg again, sometime this holiday, so maybe I'll cya there.
Sam

Fison100@hotmail.com

Post by Fison100@hotmail.com » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:43 pm

That info is what i needed and also we are going to go in hotels so if any one knows of any not too far away please pass on and thaks MR SMOGGIE :cool:

frontman2

Post by frontman2 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:10 pm

There's a nice little suburb of Augsburg called Friedburg just five minutes away from the course (on the other side of the river) with some nice hotels, including the one where the GB Team usually stays. Can't remember the exact name of the hotel, but I think it's called the Hotel Friedburg. Not sure whether it's within your budget but it's very good.

There are plenty of other hotels, as Augsburg is quite a big place, but some of these, such as the Hotel Alpenhof which is out near the Autobahn, involve crossing the city.

frontman2

Post by frontman2 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:08 am

Actually, just remembered, the hotel in Friedburg is called the Hotel Kussmuhle. My memory is obviously pants!

frontman

Post by frontman » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:35 am

Well, that's what happens when you reach a certain age - your body gives up, it waves a little white flag, and all of a sudden your memory isnt what it was........

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:43 pm

I must have reached an uncertain age then, my memory only wakes up occasionally! :p And forget about hte body - it is taking for ever to get over a virus, missed three Div 1's so far - I think - maybe - probably

Things are getting worse, not even nostalgia is as good as it used to be!
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

frontman2

Post by frontman2 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:33 am

Huh? Oh.., sorry, forgot what we were talking about for a minute.

Can't remember enough to be nostalgic!

You've got all that to look forward to eh, frontman? Mind you I thought your body gave up long ago! :D

frontman

Post by frontman » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:40 am

Mind you I thought your body gave up long ago

Only becuase you are my role model - you know what they say - look up to your elders and all that - so I wanted to be as perfectly honed as you are........ :p

frontman2

Post by frontman2 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:19 pm

Or should that be "roll" model? Fliptastic mate! :laugh:

frontman

Post by frontman » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:02 am

Nah - for you to be my 'roll' model would imply that you actually 'roll' so more accurately my 'fish' model...... :D