Short Season??

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:26 am

I seem to remember a debate about this at an ACM, the interpretation was (if I recall correctly)
(Paddlers promoted during the season) OR (Paddlers granted ranking status after July 31st ) are designated as short season . . .

Might be worth a clarification motion at the ACM, perhaps reversing the order along the lines of:
Paddlers granted ranking status after July 31st or promoted during the season are designated as short season. . .

what do you think? is it clearer if that is what is intended?
(If my memory is wrong could someone message/email me so that I can eat humble pie and not get hopes up incorrectly, or just post here)
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Slow Paddler

Post by Slow Paddler » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:46 am

From the acm minutes - yearbook must have a slight misprint
6.2.2 End of Season Promotion
That 3.1 (p57) be amended to read :
3.1 Promotion during………….. finalised.
Competitors promoted during a season or granted ranking status after 31st July are
designated ‘Short Season’ and are not liable for relegation at the end of that season.

The motion was therefore duly adopted.

boatmum

Post by boatmum » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:31 am

Brilliant!

Thank you all so much :)

Flyhigh3

Post by Flyhigh3 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:34 pm

Thanks from me too. A general clarification maybe on the main site would be good as it does have some implications for Div 1 too. As a paddler, but relative newcomer to slalom and promoted into Div 1 early July, I wouldn't have known the history and therefore took it at face value. I might have waited to get to a Div 1/2 event and more experience at that transition, rather than feeling I would need to get to enough events to stay up and so enter straight into the Prem/Div 1 in Nottingham without having experienced the course since many years ago!

Nick Penfold

Post by Nick Penfold » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:45 pm

"A general clarification maybe on the main site would be good."

Done

Flyhigh3

Post by Flyhigh3 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:47 am

Nick Penfold wrote:"A general clarification maybe on the main site would be good."

Done
Thanks Nick