slalom oscars - get your opinions over!

Discuss past and future events
eastern slalom rep

Post by eastern slalom rep » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:54 am

hi there everyone! etienne stott here, one of the organisers of the canoeing oscars. i hope you all had a good night and i myself was pleased with how it went - although i wasn't that pleased that the tables had 10 chairs instead of 12 around them!

anyway, we are already talking of doing something like this again, and we need help! we need to know what you thought of the event, details in particlular. please tell us your thoughts on the venue, food, prizes, format, dress code, seating plan, prizes, organization or anything!

it will help us to make the show better than this one (if you still want us to do it that is!)

ok, thanks for reading and please drop us a line.

etienne :D

qwanton

Post by qwanton » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:31 pm

the oscars were fab. i think it wud be gr8 for them to comence nxt year also.
cheers for the fantastic event!! :thumbsup:
:D

VivienneM

Post by VivienneM » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:19 am

Hi Etienne,
As you know we found the Oscars amazing – the best entertainment ever!! I am still chuckling and it made going back to school even harder for some. Definitely do it again please.
The format was great. I wouldn't change a thing and squeezing 12 onto a table for 10 worked fine. I thought the seating plan a good idea - it gave us a focus and got us talking to new people. The thank you speeches were a hoot - a bit short and daunting for some and an opportunity for others. Well done all of you - prize winners, prize presenters, comperes and props.

All that concerns me is - could it be done at Llangollen?

We are desperate to get the races reinstated there - without it we loose the biggest water and show piece venue, which attract intrepid paddlers into the sport. We also loose two weekends of international level competition on unfamiliar, challenging water, so vital for the development of ambitious competitors, particularly the youngsters. I am concerned that the urgency of getting the races reinstated might be reduced in planning for your undoubtedly fantastic do to be held at Nottingham.

So when discussing venues can we consider this please and not assume the races will be at HPP rather than Llangollen?

Thanks again Mark, Etienne and Tim.
Vivienne Mugford

craig

Post by craig » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:34 pm

it was a fine night and all credit to the three noble chaps!
Food was also good, my only concern was that it didn't do a good enough job at soaking up the alchohol, at least not on our table!!!

Seriously though it would be good to see people voicing their suggestions, i'm afraid at such short notice you guys did such a fine job I can't think of any real improvements!

Maybe live bands?