grandtully hill race - excellent fun

Discuss past and future events
jon lords hammond

Post by jon lords hammond » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:58 pm

Yes its comming up to easter weekend at Grandtully again which means its time again for the Grandtully hill race. Entry 2/1/pound sen/jun. I'm hoping to hold a shorter race this year for the under 14s if i can find someone whos willing to marshall it. for everyone else it will be the same course as the last 3 years. Need to know more talk to Stuart Simpson that weekend, he's easy to identify as he looks like a hill runner. Cousre approx 4 mile 900 ft climb, junior race 550ft 2miles

Dave Royle

Post by Dave Royle » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:09 pm

What day is the hill race? Saturday or Sunday?

jon lords hammond

Post by jon lords hammond » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:41 am

It was sunday 27 march Dave and i believe i saw you at the top of the course on your mountain bike. Anyway, just a quick call to say thanks to everyone who particpated in this years rather slippy and muddy event which ensured that martin Flynn's course record is safe for another year. Results are avaiable on the Scottish Hill Runners website. It'll be back again next year although Robert Philips may be acting as the organiser as i may be out the country that weekend. Thanks alot to everyone for making it happen