Peterborough Jewel of the North - Another chance to have fun

Discuss past and future events
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:50 am

Next weekend, 16/17 July sees the next fun instalment of the 'Peterborough Effect'.
Yes it's an Orton mere slalom, you remeber, the event where we promote the Canadian Classes, lending people boats trying to get every event quorate and geenerally having fun.

Hope to see you all there :D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

John Sturgess

Post by John Sturgess » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:30 am

I hate to say this, but have to as a Northerner (Northumberland):
Peterborough cannot be the Jewel of the North because it is in the South - Yorkshire/Lancashire/Birmingham being the Midlands
Tho' not as far South as Cardington, from where I recently caught a distant view of the Antarctic Ice-Cap

Phil

Post by Phil » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:45 am

John

Are sure that wasn't a view of your "syrup" in the mirror !!!!

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:13 pm

:p
Sorry to spoil the party but this is a UK board, hence John you are somewhere about the middle and Peterborough is nowhere near the North.

For a slalom that is the real Jewel of the North come to Seaton Park, we get the odd eskimo showing up on our beach we're that far North. See you next May when we get daylight and the snow thaws........

:p

Clem

Post by Clem » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:19 pm

C'mon guys, anywhere north of Watford Gap........is NORTH, full stop!!
Once upon a time, in a C2..........

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:18 pm

OK just got back from holiday so can ad another tuppence to this.. . . At least we had some conversation.

I blame a busy week, of course Peterborough is not Jewel of the North, its COLD up there (at least at Easter!)

I meant to type Peterborough jewel of the EAST, but then again, what competition is there? Cardington, or . . . . There were more, but they could not compete with the fun of Peterborough.

Thanks to all who came and had a good time. and Where were you Clem, we had a C2 all ready and waiting for you. . .
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Clem

Post by Clem » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:21 pm

Er, like my signature says, once upon a time.........

i have been away and just got back too! I did hire a "sea 2" on my hols and paddled about in the sea for a while.......maybe next event, I will turn up!
Once upon a time, in a C2..........