Its that time again - Fun for all the family

Discuss past and future events
jojo

Post by jojo » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:15 pm

Yes thanks they took printouts to school for show and tell and this is Kevin the dad Jo is the mum and she did paddle c2 many moons ago as the Royal Docks has one but no way will she ever be belted into a boat again:)

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:26 pm

Sounds like a case for an OPEN C2 entry!! And/Or perhaps Kevin in a C1?? :D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:01 am

Doesnt time fly? The next Winter Slalom is THIS SUNDAY!!

The kitchen is full of little cakes, and mutterings about even more double chocolate chip muffins. (The rest of thehouse is full of mutterings like 'I WANT TO GET BACK IN A BOAT!' from some grumpy old man!)

So are you a man/woman or a mouse? DO you want to see Kev in a C2 again?will Dan get conned into a K1 again? Do you want to win a cake as well as a prize? Come on down on Sunday.

Just so you know, you will be slightly safer - Kate is organising, so being relieved of your money for entries will be much more gentle! :D

See you Sunday
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:36 am

[quote="Canadian PAddler"][/quote]
If you are travelling from the West along the A47 to Peterborough then please be aware that it will be closed over the weekend from Uppingham to Tixover.

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:01 pm

What's the approx planned start times?
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Kate

Post by Kate » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:29 pm

The plan is....

Free practice all morning, & first runs starting at noon

See you there

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:20 am

Gorsh!! its the 14 January - and the Peterborough event is TOMORROW. :p

Hope to see you all there, even if I am still not paddling slalom. :(

Kev.S

Post by Kev.S » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:16 pm

Well done to Kate for organising and running Orton Mere Slalom, seeing as CP is still a cripple (or skiving!!!).

Also really good to see a couple of rather well known Premier C1 paddlers supporting the youngsters.

PS The Chocolate Muffins are still as good as ever, well done Mrs. CP!!

:p :D
To err is human, if you really want to screw up, use a computer!!

mk1zetec

Post by mk1zetec » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:44 pm

I second that last post. Thanks for a well run & friendly event!

Dee

Post by Dee » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:53 pm

Boys enjoyed themselves (and the chocolate muffins), but why aren't the results up on the proteus web site yet? The event finished at least 5 hours ago :D
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:48 am

Sorry Dee, communications between Kate and the Web site are slower as they go via a 1 armed bandit.

I second Kev S's comments, thanks for coming down and showing the rest of us how good it can be!

See you all in May

fison

Post by fison » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:39 am

hello and well done to yous lot down there. The event looks to have gone very well.
the frost bite at teesside went well with some good raceing a little low on numbers but there was some top prem paddlers there so i had to give them a race should i say. Well done from all at the Frost Bite :) :) :) :D
lets get it on

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:35 pm

Thanks Fison, glad it went well for you.

Dee, the resulst are up now, sorry for the dalay, (and the iffy formatting) :0

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:53 pm

Got your long term diary with you?

Proteus Winter Slaloms next winter will be on November 19 and December 17th (all things being equal!) :D

See you there!

briman

Post by briman » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:33 pm

Indeed, a well run and very enjoyable day, and it was even warmer than the November date.
Hope to see you in May and July.

Cheers, Bri