DRAFT, PROVISIONAL Managed Calendar 2006 - Thanks to Jim Croft for his work

Discuss past and future events
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:31 pm

Thanks to Jim Croft, who has let me have a copy of the provisional, draft, work in progress managed calendar. :)

Still events coming in and being moved around (such as washburn). The calendar can be accessed through the
Proteus club web page. Just scroll down a bit and you will find it.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

guest 2

Post by guest 2 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:46 pm

I hope there will be a Tees to add. will there???? It is always a great event and a welcome change of scene.

Vicky

Post by Vicky » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:10 pm

Prem at bala mill? Interesting....

Anne

Post by Anne » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:21 pm

Nothing new, always used to be one, only not for last 2 years.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:12 pm

Hey its a draft, all events SHOULD be in by now but. . . . . thats why managing the calendar is so hard. Anyone want to volunteer to d this next year?

There are two reasons for me publising it, first so that we can start working out what we are doing nect year, the other so that we can help remind organisers that they need to get things in for the ACM. So if an event is missing and you are in the club/know the organiser, just check that the information has been sent to Jim, (or resend it).

I hope to get updates periodically, and will let you know when they are posted so we can see how changes (like Washburn) are doing. :p
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:29 am

Just posted an update - knock yourselves out guys (and persons of the opposite Gender)

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:47 am

:( The query Re the Tees Event, I have left a megsage for the club to let me know, no reply as yet, If clubs got their requests for events in on time life would be much easier. I am still waiting for a couple of clubs to send in their and I know when they do come in they will moan that they can't have the dates they want.

Jim Slalom Admin

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:48 am

:( The query Re the Tees Event, I have left a megsage for the club to let me know, no reply as yet, If clubs got their requests for events in on time life would be much easier. I am still waiting for a couple of clubs to send in their dates and I know when they do come in they will moan that they can't have the dates they want.

Jim Slalom Admin

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:32 pm

:D More updates on the Managed Calendar 1 or 2 dates tidied up, Tees date now applied for, Matlock moved. New Tryweryn 1/2 plus Pan Celtic in July, Still problems with 2 of the Washburn dates.

If any wants to receive updates as they come send me an email address (real names only others will not be sent updates) jim.croft@ntlworld.com.

Jim

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:40 pm

Proteus site now updated (and changed to simpler html file so should be easier to open!)
Quick Link

'Newy'

Post by 'Newy' » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:31 pm

When is this firmed up as definate?? :) :)

2 paddler

Post by 2 paddler » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:38 pm

May is thin for the div 2's !

fison

Post by fison » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:46 pm

I like the look of the div 1 Prem race at TEESSIDE in March Bring it on and have a big realease as there should be lots of water around that time of year my be a little cold but it will be caracter building :p
lets get it on

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:29 pm

It was supposed to be finalised by now, for approval at teh ACM (26 Nov) but there are still afew issues to be sorted out.

Remember that 'May is thin for Div 2s' is a function of the clubs with access to water, that are willing to run slaloms. So it i s down to the organisers/clubs willing to put in teh effort. A different thread noted that most slaloms would be more profitable if everyone who gave up time donated £1 an hour to the club

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:34 pm

And again (1 Nov)