Frost Bite Slalom - Cleveland Canoe Club

Discuss past and future events
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:21 am

Back in the mists of time we used to have an Eastern Region Winter Series - five or six events spread out through the 'off season'. Well attended, and good to introduce beginners, with a small contribution from each entry going to series prizes.

I am happy to try to get such a series going again, next year. If you are interested. We will have to see if Staff & Stone want to play - and if we can fit all the events in!

Hopefully the other Proteus organiser (Kate) will not be galivanting off to Aus for months next year, so we can be more flexible.

Not sure about team events, we run them in the summer, but are concerned about the possibility of having people stood around too long in teh middle of winter. If we run them, how many people are interested?

I will pm you when we have ideas for dates.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:30 am

:) The old Eastern Region Winter Series was a great set of events would be well happy to help.

Jim

fison

Post by fison » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:27 pm

This all sounds great let us see if we can get it on and get more people back or new people to the sport we all do.

ps what has happened to team runs and why are this not a prioity as if im right did we not win a medal from 1977-1993 and have not won any since ie Mens Kayak and did they stop them around 1996 just a thought

:)
lets get it on

fison

Post by fison » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:05 pm

A big thank you to all who turned up for the race. Lots of tension and competion with some of the local paddlers and with the first Prem race as well as the div 1 race there early on there should be some excellent raceing and for those who like a bit pracice then dont forget the Frost Bite 3 race on the 12th Feb 06. you mite get a sneaky practice and if you are raceing in the BUSA slalom then dont look a gift horse i the mouth see you soon :) :) :) :)
lets get it on

fison

Post by fison » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:37 am

Just to remind you all its the Frost Bite Slalom at Teesside on Sunday morning and also i think its the Peterbrough slalom this weekend so hope they both get some paddlers.

happy paddlimg :D :D
lets get it on

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:27 pm

No Peterborough event this weekend, so anyone able head off to the Tees and support Fison at the Frostbite.

Sounds like the previous one was good fun so do not miss out on this pre season training
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

fison

Post by fison » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:11 pm

A big thankyou to all thoughs who attened the Frost Bite Slalom this year.

the results are on clevelandcanoe.co.uk website.

Well done to all that braved the cold, very cold, and the ff word.

there will be a heat wave slalom in the summer lokk out for more deatails on the web site.

fison

:D
lets get it on

fison

Post by fison » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:12 pm

sorry its clevelandcanoeclub.co.uk and yes my spelling is not the best :p
lets get it on