Tees Prem /Div 1 - Entrys

Discuss past and future events
kanu.63

Post by kanu.63 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:19 pm

Only 18 days to go before the race so get your entrys in the post . River levels are exelent but entrys are slow possibly due to the lateness of the year book.If you havent sent your entry in we are expecting a late rush like last year so post it quick to avoid dissapointment.

raeofsunshine

Post by raeofsunshine » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:47 pm

Come on everyone!! get your entries in!!
Added bonus- no late entry fees unless you enter on the day!!
Its gonna be a great event, so hurry up with those entries.
Rach*

FatBoy

Post by FatBoy » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:14 pm

Can somebody tell me the rough timetable for the Saturday (Div 1)? I'm wondering whether to get accomodation for the Friday or to travel up Sat morning. Thanks.

raeofsunshine

Post by raeofsunshine » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:50 pm

Hi, water goes on at 8.45- so prob best to book something. The centre have the numbers for most places if you give them a quick buzz.

confused guest

Post by confused guest » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:07 am

looking at the start list, why are the judges, who are mainly prem, allowed free practice when div 1's get just one practice run?
also noticed at least one div1 paddler down as a judge on saturday - does he know he's only allowed one practice run or he rsiks being disqualified?
final gripe, it is daft to run the judges in the middle of the event. if there are delays this means that the div 1 paddlers going last might hit trouble with the rising tide!

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:15 am

Will the start list be published on the UK Slalom website at all?
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:16 am

You can't judge and paddle in a race on the same day was what I thought. I can't find the repeat name for Sturday judging and div one racing - there is a div one down to judge but his name isn't on the race list

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:09 pm

:D You can Paddle and Judge on the same day if circumstances prevail. Read Rule 54.4 in the 2006 Slalom Yearbook page 93

Jim

confused guest

Post by confused guest » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:38 pm

it's not about the rulebook allowing judging and competing on the same day,it obviously is allowed per jim's post and will likely be enforced at the hpp prem/selection race, (hopefully fairly, such as latest entries judge not those who entred early)
my point was why, when time is tight, do prem judges have priority over div 1 competitors!!! also, if judges runs are put in the middle of the event and there are delays, then it could be a struggle to fit all the div 1 guys in before the water rises. even before the water level is obivous it effects the flow at the end of the course which could give an advantage to the earlier paddlers
i know the div1 guy is not on the div 1 list but i assuemd he should be. if he thinks he can have free practice as well then he may be in for a shock, as some found last october!!! better to find out now rather than be disqualified on the day.

FatBoy

Post by FatBoy » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:31 pm

Where is the start list? I could do with working out when to get up and what time I'll be able to get away (got a meeting after)...

Post by guest » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:34 pm

We sent an SAE and one was sent

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:41 pm

I think we were all hoping it would be posted on the net, which seems a lot more reliable these days than a stamp and saves the organisers a lot of time folding pieces of paper and stuffing them in envelopes :;):
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

FatBoy

Post by FatBoy » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:42 pm

Yep. Could have easily put an SAE in if I knew the details weren't going to be on the web. Murphy's law dictates that if I had put one in the details would be up and it would be a waste of time for the organisers..

Could somebody who's got a start list or one of the organisers simply put up a rough running order? For me all I want to know is when do the 3 runs for K1M start? Also is parking easy to find on site?

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:39 pm

Putting on Officious hat, and flame proof trousers. . . :Yearbook, page 73, rule UK 11.4.7 ... . .One stamped and self addressed envelope (size as above) MUST be enclosed with entry card, for instructions and start list to be sent by the organisers . . .

Bold underline italics as in the year book. So no envelope = invalid entry = late entry fee? :D

Any road up, enough badinage, I am off home now and will post info from start list later.

But from memory water on 8:45, practice starts 9ish, event all over by 2ish. Parking is easy to find in the tarmac car park upstream of teh barrage, walk down the slope and you are at the flat water warm up area.

See you all there!
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Post by guest » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:47 pm

umm agree would be heaps easier if all put the lists on the web, but yes, div one prac starts 9.15 whole thing finishes 2pm. Sunday 10am start, finshed just after 2pm.

This is no go at Cleveland by the way, if you have the computer skills its easy to shove things on the web, if you haven't then it ain't so simple to organise. Let those who criticise run an event from conception to finish! :p :p :p