Shepperton Div 1/2 2009 - Double Event - 7/8 March

Discuss past and future events
Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:53 am

The first div 1/2 event of the season is approaching - a double this year, by popular request - and I am starting to receive entries, so it seems a good time to remind everyone that entry fees have gone up and you are a year older :( !

Entry fees:
Div 1 - double £26, single £16.25
Div 2 senior - double £18.50, single £11.50
Div 2 junior - double £14.25, single £9

I will charge late entry fees (£2 for a single, £4 for a double) for all entries received after Wednesday 25th February

No entries (except judges) will be accepted after Wednesday 4th March

I will only accept entries on proper entry cards - no email entries or scrappy bits of paper this year please - but you do not need to send an sae unless you particularly want me to send you a start list/results.

Please remember to
- sign your card if you are over 18 and if not get your parent, guardian to sign it
- include your date of birth (unless you want to paddle as a senior)
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:09 am

Judges

In order to run this event as a double, we will almost certainly be requesting most if not all competitors to do a judging stint on one of the days. I appreciate this is not ideal and if we can get enough volunteers then I will try to avoid this, so:

Parents, Chauffers, and Groupies

Please, please consider volunteering in advance to do a judging stint. If you do then, I will:
a - not require your offspring to judge (make sure I know who they are)
b - try very, very hard to make sure that you get your preferred day and am/pm
c - be very grateful!
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:26 pm

Start Times

I've had a couple of requests for start times. This will depend on numbers of entries and the weather, but as a guide for now - it might change:

Sat - 9:45 official practice, 11 first runs
Sun - 9:00 official practice, 10.15 first runs

Free practice both mornings and evening but you must provide your own safety. There should be others around that you can work with.

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:47 am

A week ago we had a side spill, last night lots of water and lots of gates. So anyones guess as to water levels on 7th/8th.

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:41 pm

Water levels still looking good and the snow should keep them that way as it melts. I have a good pile of entries, so keep 'em coming!

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:08 pm

Mine should be with you tomorrow! First chance to try out my new K1 in competition. Hope it helps!!!

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:21 pm

I should probably whisper this so as not to tempt fate, but Shepperton is probably quite a good place to try out new boats as there are not too many rocks!

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:46 pm

It is the paddler not the rocks I am concerned about!

Though, if I hit the big rock I will find you and throw you in :-P

Dee

Post by Dee » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:21 pm

Hey! I didn't say there weren't any rocks.

I don't think it's quite as big as last year at the moment which is :-( or :-) depending on your point of view!

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Water levels so high that weir was washed out at the weekend. However, next couple of weeks forecast to be drier, so with a bit of luck water levels should just about be right by the time the event rolls round.

A quick plea - please don't email me asking for confirmation that I've received your entry. At this stage I just put all entries into a large envelope as they arrive, without really looking at them, so I really don't know who has sent what at this stage! However, if you have sent an entry and don't appear on the start list when it goes on the internet, then do let me know.

Dee

Post by Dee » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:32 pm

On 3 gates now

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:39 pm

How many was it on last year?

Dee

Post by Dee » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:41 pm

I can't remember - you need a paddler to answer that one!

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:19 pm

I was a paddler but to me it was "big and scary!". Never mind, entry is in now, no turning back :-)

Kayakin Rosie!

Post by Kayakin Rosie! » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:56 pm

Last year i think it was one or two in the middle with the side spills open. :/