Tryweryn Prem/Div 1 - Great event

Discuss past and future events
dsamartin

Post by dsamartin » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:13 pm

Well done to both Mold CC and WSC for a great first Prem/Div 1 event, the event was well organised and ran to time with challenging courses on both days, the sun was a bonus!! :D :D

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:29 am

Agreed, Well organised, well run event, good course, very well organised start/pre-start with clear instructions. A pleasure to race.

Username

Post by Username » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:46 pm

Another thankyou - it was brilliant, incredibly smoothly run, and a lovely course - I hadn't been there before, but really enjoyed paddling there and will definitely be there again next year!

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:08 pm

Ten out of ten for the running of the Div 1 on Sunday! Absolutely bang on time virtually all day long - it was only me who was late for my first run! But no problems with Mr Starter who even kindly gave me five minutes to settle into my boat before slotting me in! Good, clear time interval and start information too. Even the lovely ladies in Control demonstrated their keen sense of humour with a joke about paper saving......I was delighted to occupy my very own line of text this year ladies - THANKYOU! :-D Just wish it was further up the page of course! lol.

One tiny gripe tho (c'mon, you didnt expect me to be 100% Mr Nice Guy did you?) I do think some of the poles could have been higher - some of those upstream poles were lower than they were in the 1970's! But the course was a great use of the available water, no bottoming out on the race line and flowed really well. Loved it!

PP :-)
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!

Dadstaxi

Post by Dadstaxi » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:28 pm

PP

You were lucky you weren't quite 5 minutes late. Any later & you would have been last down the course... :p ... ask no. 93 about his 2nd run

cheers
DT

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:48 pm

Oh my! Really sorry but getting re-ranked in Div 1 gave me almost first out of the gate and I never had (nor wanted!) that experience before :-( Five out of ten for me...must try harder....im off to do 200 lines....

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:51 pm

I think all the pole heights were legal, it was nice to see them that low IMHO, made it a real challenge and perhaps made it a bit more even for those of us who aren't that good at necking gates!

I hit gate 13 first run, didn't do it second time. Perhaps I wouldn't have first time if I'd actually managed anything much past gate 9 on my official practice. Just shows what not knowing the course does to you. #### sneaky hiding gates 10,11 and 17 like that! Still it taught me a lesson, got it all in my head for the race!

Dee

Post by Dee » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:33 am

What did happen on 93s second run - I'm all agog.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

katonas

Post by katonas » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:56 pm

I've uploaded over a 1000 photos to enjoy at
http://www.photosoflife.co.uk/
Good job I couldn't photo myself bouncing off rocks...
:D

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:10 pm

You need an action cam for that! Want to borrow mine?

katonas

Post by katonas » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:38 am

That sounds a good idea, although it might get a toooo close to the rocks for its own good... :(

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:18 pm

Apologies for the delay in uploading the images from The Graveyard but life got in the way of the several hours it typically takes :-) However, Love Mae diligently sat at water level for most of the Division 1 event on Sunday and she captured most of us in full flight. Sorry Premsters but we did not get up to Wales until Saturday evening so no images from the Saturday event. The images can be seen here:-

Clever Captures

We were hoping to get the pleasure of shooting at the Europeans at HPP but after making noises that we were interested in this, nothing has been heard from the organisers to date :-( We could do with some support from this community so if you like what we do, please shout and maybe organisers of various events will hear and ask us to come along :-)

ENJOY!

PP :-)

katonas

Post by katonas » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:35 pm

Lost kit - Anyone pick up an orange/brown fleece + thin black nookie long sleeved top? I think I drove off with them still drying on my bike rack :(