HPP 1/2 7th & 8th May

Discuss past and future events
davebrads

Re: HPP 1/2 7th & 8th May

Post by davebrads » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:25 pm

Can someone let the parents of the following paddlers know to contact me on hpp@manchestercanoeclub.org.uk:

Anna Burbidge of Lee Valley Paddlers
Ryan Cross of HPPCC
Hannah Clements of Shepperton
Sean Waine of Greenstar
Alistair McCarthy of Viking
Sophie Fletcher of Strathallen

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:50 pm

I would think Sean is probably at Tully with Esther, I'll be there tomorrow evening.

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:35 pm

I'll up at Tully on Friday. To be honest I'm not going to get much done until after Tully, I've got a lot on this week.

paddlerparent

Post by paddlerparent » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:52 am

Could do with a provisional list dave, its not long to race now

BaldockBabe

Post by BaldockBabe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:51 am

Paddler parent - you probably need to read the rest of this post!

stevepearson

Post by stevepearson » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:26 am

nope - just want to know if entry is received, we can do 7th & 8th & 14th & 15th - HPP of Wales - just want to know if entry is received!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dee

Post by Dee » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:56 pm

You don't think Dave has enough to cope with at them moment. He has probably spent hours/days on this trying to resolve this situation. He has already said that he has a lot on this week - organisers do need some time to lead their own lives you know.

It is clearly likely that the event will be postponed or moved at best, at which point he will have a nightmare of a time sorting out those that can/can't make the new location/date. Most likely the competition will have to be cancelled so just be patient whilst he sorts it out as best he can.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

paddlerparent

Post by paddlerparent » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:40 pm

Personally i hope it can be resolved, i just though a list may be available as its not that far away, in which case word of mouth re who can/cant make either date may be influential.....just a thought

Dee

Post by Dee » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:15 pm

It could be months away! And word of mouth re dates will not help. Either he gets an alternative date or he doesn't, I think it is unlikely that he will have much say as to when
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

SilverSurfer

Post by SilverSurfer » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:20 pm

Unless someone higher up the food chain in the Slalom Committee can come to an agreement with the new owners of HPP for a fair hire cost, then there is zero chance the Div 1/2 race will go ahead, assuming the original date is available and HPP made a mistake.

If the owners of HPP are asking for £13k to hire HPP for the September Premier race, I'm sure they will ask the same amount for the Div 1/2 race, and no club can afford that.

Maybe we should just all take up rafting now we have 4 excellent international venues with Lee Valley, Cardiff, HPP and Teesside. Great sites developed on the back of slalom, but now second rate citizens when it comes to slalom training and racing at them

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Negotiations are proceeding regarding the HPP races, hopefully we'll know more by the end of the week.

In the meantime I am continuing to process entries, I have got up to those received by the end of January now, still plenty more to go. Unfortunately I am not going to get any further this week, small matter of a 30th wedding anniversary taking precedence, shortly followed by a trip to Scotland.

In the meantime I have produced provisional start lists for the weekend so that those who's entries have been processed can breath a bit easier. Please don't take any notice of the times or running order, just use them as confirmation of entries accepted. I have uploaded them to dropbox, I don't see any reason why the links shouldn't work, please let me know if there are any problems.

Saturday
Sunday

Dee

Post by Dee » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:38 pm

Well done Dave. Enjoy your wedding anniversary and just don't upset the other half by working on the slalom! :nono:

CeeBee

Post by CeeBee » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:43 pm

Fingers crossed for you Dave. I know how much effort goes in behind the scenes to get a race running and we are 100% behind you.

You must have got married very young :)

JimW

Post by JimW » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:33 am

davebrads wrote:I'll up at Tully on Friday. To be honest I'm not going to get much done until after Tully, I've got a lot on this week.
Dberriman's post gave me an idea, I just checked the start list for Tully and the only paddler on your list not entered is Alistair. I'm sure it's not ideal but if you haven't been able to make contact before the weekend a notice at Tully control might do the trick for the others.

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:47 pm

The great news is that it is going ahead on the 7th/8th May. The bad news is that we have agreed to allow the rafts to used the course in the middle of the day. This will mean longer days unfortunately.