2017 New Division 2 Races on challenging water

Discuss past and future events
Canadian Paddler

2017 New Division 2 Races on challenging water

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:40 pm

At the Slalom Committee meeting today it was agreed that:
In response to the perceived demand for Division 2 races on "better" water, the Committee is offering a one-off grant of £500 for clubs to run new Division 2 races on Lee Valley Legacy, Holme Pierrepont, Tees, Tryweryn, Cardiff and similar sites. This will be available for up to 5 competitions in 2017. A final decision on the events to receive the grants will be made at the July Slalom Committee meeting. New competitions that have been applied for by 1st July will be considered at that meeting.
We look forward to getting some interesting applications for interesting events for div 2 paddlers
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

IDL

Re: 2017 New Division 2 Races on challenging water

Post by IDL » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:56 pm

Where's the "like" button
:D

James Hastings

Re: 2017 New Division 2 Races on challenging water

Post by James Hastings » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:51 pm

I'd like pay praise where it is due and thank the slalom committee for finally recognising that there is an issue here and doing something pro-active to try and rectify it. There is no "perceived" about it - I would challenge anyone to demonstrate that the division 2 race calendar has in any way been a balanced one in terms of water quality in recent years.

Hopefully the committee will get a good response from clubs wishing to take advantage of the funding to run div 2 races on challenging water next year.