Wanted - 3.5m K1 slalom boat(s)

Stuff wanted
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:05 am

Hi. Having purchased Huw Swetnams absolutely brilliant Caiman Ranger earlier this year (thanks Huw!) I decided to stick with my Double Dutch Virus (as that is equally brilliant for my abilities) and I sold it on to Viking Kayak Club where I coach. This was seen as a good move by the Club and it has allocated funds for this so I need to allocate them before they decide to buy something else! I am now searching for a further 1, 2 or even 3 more 3.5m slalom K1's for Club use of a value between £300 and £400 max. The boats should be watertight and in reasonable condition.

Please message me or post here if you have a K1 for sale that would assist others get into the sport and keep slalom very much alive and kicking! :-)
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!

Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:36 pm

Peter,

Jake Silvester from VKC is selling his kayak and would seem to be exactly what you are after.

Mark
The above is the personal opinion of Mark Shaw and does not reflect the views of either the BCU or England Slalom Committees.

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:54 am

Hi Mark! Thanks again! I just responded to you on the thread for his ad! :-) Jake is a VKC member and, yes, his boat is exactly what we need. Just a few quid too much for us though at this moment in time. When I stated £400 above that was only if, after buying boats at £350 previously, we had £400 left! Nearing the end of the season now so hoping some will appear at £350 and if we have that left over and jakes is still around, we will do a deal I am sure :-)

What a nice community it is when someone tries to link up two others just to help :-) Cheers Mark :-)

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:48 pm

Bump!

Im still looking....cmon all you who are getting a new boat soon.....sell VKC your old one ok! :-)

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:54 pm

Bump!

Ok, Cmon, its the end of season now so sell me (VKC) your 2006/7/8 3.5m slalom boat and treat yourself to a new(er) one with the £350 I (VKC) will give you :-)

Lets get the lower div paddlers better boats and improve their paddling ability :-)

PP

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:50 pm

Come on Spiderman wake up, with new boats over a Grand these days all you will get for the money you are offering are boats at the end of there life.

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:10 pm

Hmmmm....well, im wide awake Carl but just trying to get a good deal for the Club. You should have seen the state of the 4m variants we threw out! (cut up actually!). I bought an absolutely brilliant Caiman Ranger from Huw Swetnam in March this year for the same money and that was only about a year old! Ok, it was not in showroom condition (at all lol) but it is now being used each week by the Club with great praise. As he initially sold it to me for my own use, he has, unwittingly, done great service to VKC :-) I'm just searching more of the same. I am not looking for anything at either end of its life really - but maybe something a bit middleish :-) However, if the dough burns a hole in the proverbial pocket I may well have to stretch to £400...but that is stretching it. C'mon you lot, toss your not-quite-at-the-end-of its-life boats this way! I will keep this post alive until the money is gone! :-)

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:19 am

Spiderman

Try George Durdan he has a NOMAD CRUZ - black carbon fibre, good condition except for repair on tail. Used for one season by Prem paddler (Nicky Cresser). £400. Email george_durden2@hotmail.com The last time i saw this boat it was worth £400.

Cheers Carl

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:50 pm

Thanks Carl :-) Begging email duly sent!

PP

Trudi

Post by Trudi » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:11 pm

Why not try for a Grant from you local youth council they are giving money away. we have just received enough to purchase 5 boats and all the kit to go with them for the youger paddlers in our club. but the grant must be written by the youngester and not adults.

Trudi
:)

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:22 am

Thanks for that Trudi. However, the Club has used up all of the £22,000 it got earlier this year on lots of other non-slalom equipment when our youth section put in for open canadians, polo boats etc :-( I think that the slalom section has, pun excused, missed that boat!

Trudi

Post by Trudi » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:17 pm

Keep applying we have 6 grants from them well over £75.000 + and they keep throwing it at us,also remember Slalom is an olympic sport they will give for this reason alone, the others are not. the mose rescent one we put in for 3 grants at the same time in one big application over £36.000. they were for coaching, upgrading the clubhouse and the slalom boat grant the only one that got the full amount we requested was the Slalom grant. the rest got 3/4 of the amount they asked for.

Trudi :)

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:35 am

I will soon have some new 3.5m plastic slalom boats available ideal for club use RRP £450.00 but could do a club deal :;):

Cheers Graeme
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:21 pm

Hi Graeme,

Do you have any details on these boats? Link to a web site?

Thanks,
Mark
The above is the personal opinion of Mark Shaw and does not reflect the views of either the BCU or England Slalom Committees.

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:08 pm

Not sure if these are the ones Graeme will be bring in but may be worth a look as an introductory Club slalom boat:

Corrans SL350 Plastic Slalom Boat Debate

???