Wanted - 3.5m K1 slalom boat(s)

Stuff wanted
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:45 am

Trudi. Thanks for that! Ok, I will raise this with the Club Committee and see what we can acheive on the basis of "if you don't ask, you don't get". I will owe you a drink if your motivation for me to look into this pays off :-)

Seedy. Many thanks for the link :-)

Geebs. Hi Graeme. If the boat in Seedy's link is the one you are referring to, that looks very interesting indeed. Certainly worth a demo if it can be arranged. I must say that the boat pictured (posted by Corran) seems to be cut a tad low for the reported "medium to large paddlers". I weigh in at 83kgs (seems I have lost a couple lately :D ) and I am not convinced that the volume I see there would be suitable for me. However, that is simply an observation/comment as the boats I require are for Club use and for smaller/medium paddlers.

I have just provisionally spent £300 of the Clubs £1000 budget on a boat advertised here on the Forum. I am hoping to get a further couple the same . but if the above mentioned grant matter comes good, then it may only be storage space that limits purchase price/quantity! :-) Heres hoping!

Thanks for the input on this thread all :-) We have to all do our bit to further this brilliant discipline of canoeing/kayaking :-)

PP
Peter Parker - 12 gate courses are plenty long enough!

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:57 am

Ok, I just found another boat thanks to this Forum so now I need just one more 3.5m watertight, reasonable condition slalom boat. Ideally, this one will be for the bigger paddler but beggars can't be choosers so I will consider whatever you have :-) Many thanks,

PP

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:51 am

Just a reminder that I have up to £400 available for the right boat so if you have a 3.5m boat, maybe for 90kgs + paddler, I would be chomping at the bit! I will be at HPP this Saturday collecting the other two boats so c'mon, point out just one more for me there and lets get VKC's boat house re-stocked for 2009 :-)

Fairweather Paddler

Post by Fairweather Paddler » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:02 am

On the subject of funding.......groups may want to apply for grassroot grants. This is a £130 million pot offered by the office of the third sector (Sorry only available in England) over three years. The money is being managed by various groups at a local level, so not sure exactly who is manageing it in all areas.

In South Yorkshire it is South Yorkshire Community Foundation, your local voluntary services group should be able to supply details for other areas. You need to have income of less than £20k a year and you can apply for £500 - £5,000.

The thing is because it has took them so long to get the scheme up and running they are struggling to get this years share of the money out - so if you have a project and can spend the money before March 09.......what are you waiting for??? :p

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:50 pm

Seedy Paddler wrote:Not sure if these are the ones Graeme will be bring in but may be worth a look as an introductory Club slalom boat:

Corrans SL350 Plastic Slalom Boat Debate

???
Yes those are the ones :D

Sorry for the delay in replying been busy with our other side of the business with our open boats.

The demo boats will be arriving shortly hoping to have one at the next Proteus slalom another good reason to go ???

Cheers

Graeme
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:51 am

Hi Fairweather, the Local Voluntary Services group was an excellent direction to send me in....however, for the Grant Funding from bedford Borough Council 2009/2010, it stated "The deadline for receipt of completed application forms and the necessary enclosures is close of business on Friday 21st November 2008."

:(

Just a tad late dammit! But thankyou for flagging that one up of course :-)

Fairweather Paddler

Post by Fairweather Paddler » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:01 am

Hi Spiderman

The grassroots grant is not a council one, so I think you may have tried a different fund - there are a lot out there.

Try the Community Development Foundation, they are the main body overseeing this and should be able to give you a local link - details available here:

http://www.cdf.org.uk/bfora...._argx=3

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:13 pm

OK thanks for that...will take a gander :-)

PP

Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:38 pm

Rather than losing all this excellent info about grants hidden in the Wanted section of the forum that the majority might not read, wouldn't it be better if we had a dedicated post on grants either in 'Rants & Raves' or maybe the England section if they are purely English grants?

Is there a generic website that lists all the grants available or are they specific just to the County/Area of the country you live in?
The above is the personal opinion of Mark Shaw and does not reflect the views of either the BCU or England Slalom Committees.

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:51 am

Maybe an administrator here will read this, agree with you and copy/move the information to a more relvant section. My Club Chairman was very pleased to receive the pointer and said:-

"Had a quick look, and looks promising, useful link. Up to £5k available for grassroots orgs and think we would qualify"

All Clubs should really have this sort of information flagged up of course.

:-)

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:27 pm

Well all being well (fingers crossed) the SL350's have left Italy today and should arrive Wednesday or Thursday.

As long as they arrive as promised we will bring them down to the Proteus slalom this weekend.

Cheers

Graeme

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:10 pm

Just a quick update, the boats have arrived today, just unwrapping them now :p

So they will be at the Proteus event on Sunday

Other demo's by arrangement.

Cheers

Graeme

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:02 pm

BUMP! Still looking for a 3.5m slalom K1 at VKC. I have £400 available for the right boat and I have the heavier paddler in mind......sooooooooooooo?

PP

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:20 pm

Bump! :-) Still looking :-)

Spiderman

Post by Spiderman » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:24 pm

Bump again! Actually, I am now looking for THREE again! One for the Club and two for individual paddlers not on this Forum! C'mon, there must be one or two 3.5m kayaks lurking around for sale for the heavier paddlers (75kgs plus). I'm waiting :-)

PP