HTML Authoring Skills Required

The place to discuss slalom development issues specific to England
Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:32 pm

Does anyone in English Slalom have good HTML authoring skills and would be prepared to give up some of their free time this Summer to help build a website containing loads of advice for slalom paddlers/clubs getting started in the sport?

We have a wealth of information available but it is locked away in various document formats that can't be published easily directly on to a website.

I'm afraid this would be an unpaid position but would be ideal for anyone looking to enhance their CV.

PM me if you can help out together with details/examples of other websites you have worked on.
The above is the personal opinion of Mark Shaw and does not reflect the views of either the BCU or England Slalom Committees.

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:30 am

Is another website needed or is it worth speaking to Nick about getting the information onto this site? I like this site and am not sure that many people would reguarly check two sites...

Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:45 pm

I've no idea where the material will be hosted at this stage. I presume it will depend on how much material there is and what the cost would be.

That's not the issue though. Before we can host the material somewhere we need to get it in to the appropriate format for the web. That is a time consuming activity. Hence my call for a volunteer as it would be very expensive to put the work out to a business.

I forgot to also mention that it would probably be handy if the individual was Nottingham based - not essential though.
The above is the personal opinion of Mark Shaw and does not reflect the views of either the BCU or England Slalom Committees.

katonas

Post by katonas » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:58 pm

Mark Shaw wrote:various document formats
Word, pdf, ...?
I agree the info should be on this site.